Microsoft Outlook Express is an email-client, which comes bundled with Microsoft Internet Explorer. It enables you to you create different user accounts on the same computer by creating Identities. An Identity is a separate message store, which contains emails, contacts, notes, and personal settings of the associated user. It also helps you to configure multiple email accounts on same computer. You can switch identities to access particular user account. Sometimes the identity may get damaged due to application malfunction, virus infection, and other similar reasons. It causes data loss and puts you in need of Outlook Express Repair solutions, if you do not have an updated backup in place.
For separate users to keep their Outlook Express database totally separate, you need to configure every identity with separate email account. Configuring a new identity creates an individual store folder and a new registry keys. When identity gets damaged, you need to create a new identity to Repair Outlook Express data files. Follow the given steps to create a new identity in Microsoft Outlook Express:
Export all your email accounts in MS OE so that you can import it further into a new identity. If the DBX (Database eXtension) data files of Outlook Express are damaged, the export operation may not work properly.
(1) Click Identities on File menu, and then select the Add New Identity option.
(2) Type a suitable name for the new identity and click OK button.
(3) Click Yes button for switching to new Identity.
(4) Click the Cancel button to close New Account wizard. In case Outlook Express prompts you to import the settings or messages, click Cancel or select "Do not import at this time" option.
(5) Select Accounts on Tools menu.
(6) Click Import button and then choose first *.iaf file and repeat the same process for all the accounts.
(7) Import emails from old Identity.
The above steps help you to retrieve your Outlook Express data if the problem is caused by Identity corruption. However, if DBX file corruption is the cause of this problem, this method can not help you to repair corrupt files.
In such cases, DBX Repair software come to your rescue. These are third-party applications, which use advanced scanning methods to extract all inaccessible data. An Outlook Express Repair Tool offers simple and secure recovery in all corruption scenarios.
Stellar Phoenix Outlook Express Recovery v3.0 successfully repairs corrupt DBX files and restores them as either .eml or .dbx files. This Outlook Express Repair software restores emails, contacts, notes, tasks, journals, attachments, and all other DBX file objects. It works well with Microsoft Outlook Express 6.x and 5.x.